This is my first recipe “my Cabbage with rise”, favorite Greek dish for the #GreekDinner.
If you do not know what is #GreekDinner party
Check this blog post
“My Cabbage with rise”
• Half medium white cabbage, chopped in square piece
• Half medium red/purple cabbage, chopped in square pieces
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
• 3 tablespoons leek, finely chopped
• 3 tablespoons celery, finely chopped
• 3 grated carrots
• 1-teaspoon salt
• 3 tablespoons raisins
• 1/2-teaspoon black pepper
• 3/4-cup long grain rice
• Tomato juice
• 1 1/4 cups Vegetable broth
• Over low heat in a large skillet add cabbage cooking until wilted and strain it
• Take a large skillet and sauté onion until just translucent
• Add tomatoes and vegetable broth.
• When in comes to a boil, add rice, leek, celery, raisins, salt and pepper.
• Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook until very little liquid remains and rice is tender.
• Add the grated carrots, close the lid of the skillet, turn off the heating and wait for 10 minutes.
Serve & Καλή όρεξη! Bon appétit! Enjoy!
P.S: If you want to leave a comment click here Thank you